Policies and Procedures
PACE OF PLAY POLICY
Laurel Island Links is committed to reasonable pace of play expectations for all members and guests. In an effort to make your experience more enjoyable, we adhere to the following Pace of Play policy:
- Please play ready golf
- Please play appropriate teeing ground that corresponds to your handicap
- Please keep up with the group in front of you
- Let faster players go through
- Requirement is to play a round of golf(18 holes) in 4 hours and 10 minutes
- Should a group fall out of position, a staff member will ask you to improve your position with the group in front of you
- Any group, after two warnings, does not return to an appropriate position will be asked to skip to a position that puts the group back in position
PRIORITY OF PLAY
- Fivesomes are allowed but must be approved by the golf shop
Pace of Play is the number one reason that has affected the game of golf over the last several years. At Laurel Island Links we want to make sure everyone enjoys their round of golf.
- Men: Shirts with collars and sleeves, slacks, and golf shorts up to four inches above the knee are considered appropriate attire. Shirts should be tucked in and tank tops or cutoffs are not acceptable. We would “prefer” that denim not be worn on the golf course but it is allowed provided there are no rips, tears or stains visible in the item.
- Women: Dresses, skirts, slacks, shorts and blouses are considered appropriate attire.
- Shoes: Appropriate golf shoes or approved shoes are required on the golf course and practice areas.
- Club management requires that a clean appearance is presented. Denim is allowed at the discretion of Club management. Bathing attire is not permitted and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Area specific appropriate attire is required on the Laurel Island Links club property.
We understand that many of the residents of our various Laurel Island developments enjoy walking, jogging and / or driving your own personal golf carts on the Laurel Island Links golf course cart paths. While previously this has not been something that was regulated or policed frequently, there will be a number in changes regarding these kinds of activities for 2016. Please understand that there are certain rules and restrictions in place and they will be more closely monitored than they have in the past. This is for the protection of the residents along with all of the Laurel Island Links members and guests playing our beautiful golf course.
- We ask that you do not walk, jog or drive your golf cart where golfers are present. This includes any time between 8:00am and sunset Monday through Friday and any time between 7:30am and sunset on Weekends. If any residents are found on the golf course during these hours, they will be asked to exit the golf course immediately by a member of the golf shop staff or the maintenance crew.
- Pets of any kind are not allowed on the golf course. Residents are free to walk their pets in one of the many common areas of the residential neighborhood.
- There are no skateboards, bicycles, in-line skates, baby strollers, etc. – allowed on the golf course, the cart paths or any part of the Laurel Island Links property.
- Licensed and unlicensed motor vehicles such at scooters, mopeds and / or motorcycles are not allowed on the golf course or cart paths at any time.
We truly want our members, patrons and guests to enjoy Laurel Island Links, it’s facilities, beautiful setting and fabulous golf course. Unfortunately, we must protect both the assets of ownership and management along with the safety of the public by restricting the use of the golf course, its cart paths and all other Laurel Island Links property to use by authorized members and guests only.